Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

29 Nov '11: Core Words Beyond Michael's Level!

Michael lost his student card so I took him to reception to get a new one. He gave his name and birthday using his communication aid and the receptionist commented that she hadn't seen a communication aid before!

He's only been here three years!

I mention three years of failed attempts at arranging AAC training, questions in home/college diary and so many emails ignored, and that I feel it's time for me to speak with the Principal, but that as there is a new line manager this year I feel I should speak with her first.

Receptionist immediately calls both tutor and line manager to Reception, not how I wanted it to happen, and it all went wrong.

Tutor: "Those 300 words on the 'storyboard' are beyond Michael's level according to our diagnostics".

They are not on the wall.

No comments: